Sunday, December 2, 2018

My heart beats slow

Angus and Julia Stone, the Australian sibling band, has become the recent obsession of mine. Listening to their albums on a loop, discovering new tracks, getting the meaning of some of them, the usual band-loving process. If Emiliana Torrini and Damien Rice formed a band and All India Radio agreed to do their music arrangement, then that group would sound like Angus and Julia Stone.
The first song of the duo that most of the people listened to is 'Big Jet Plane' which has been a huge hit and been remixed by many Dj's around the world. I got bewitched by an Angus sung slow paced track called 'Yellow Brick Road'.



So few of their tracks were in my 'ambient and slow' playlist but listening to all of their songs album-wise and chronologically never came to my mind until i came across 'Heart Beats Slow'. It was different than their other early works and anything i ever heard before. So i downloaded bunch of their albums and put them in my iRiver. In one fine jam ridden evening in Dhaka, the song 'Take You Away' started to play and I realized I have come across something ethereal. Shortly I found another other worldly song 'For You'. Both of these Julia songs stole my heart and sank me in perpetual love for them and their beautiful songs.

So here's my playlist of Angus and Julia Stone tracks. You will find love, hate, loneliness, nostalgia everything in them, you might find something that is completely yours to enjoy if you listen closely...

1. For You
2. Take You Away
3. Yellow Brick Road
4. Big Jet Plane
5. Heart Beats Slow
6. A Heartbreak
7. Living On A Rainbow
8. And The Boys
9. A Book Like This
10. Main Street
11. All This Love
12. Santa Monica Dream
13. I'm Not Yours
14. Sleep Alone
15. Baudelaire

No comments:

Post a Comment