Sunday, December 25, 2011

Movies to watch right now (if I could)

 As I gradually lured into the world of dark and apocalyptic taste of movies, soon I realized the reason behind the list of massive amount of works done by directors from different countries all over the world I have to watch. Every once in a while I discover a jem from the generosity of movie bloggers in the ocean of this vast wave, Internet. So, from now on I'll keep records of what i discovered, what made my world destroyed and specifically what movies are shaping my senses of cinema.

Once Upon A Time In Anatolia

I am really feeling embarrassed and ignorant discovering this contemporary great artist Nuri Bilge Ceylan of Turkey. I have spent my fair share of time discovering the true beauties of South Korean film-makers and middle-eastern ones as well, But never been so astonished finding out this one. Can't Wait.




Uncle Boonmee Who Can Recall His Past Lives

I'm not really a fan of Cannes Festival branded movies but right now I'm really desperate to see this one. A 2010 masterpiece made by Apichatpong Weerasethakul, another Thai genious film-maker that I didn't know of and again so excited to introduce myself to another world of thinking.


Good Bye, Dragon Inn 

I smell a nostalgic story and a pure artistic work of a chinese/Taiwanese director Tsai Ming Liang, reminded me of the surprise I got when I reluctantly started to watch Yi Yi, a 2000 masterpiece of late Edward Yang. It was undoubtedly the best film coming from that region. Hoping to see something close to that, keeping in mind that one cannot expect to watch a work like Yi Yi twice in a lifetime.

 

Elena 

Latest work of Andrei Zvyagintsev, Director of The Return (2003), one of the few movies that changed my idea of movies. The storyline and unique photography both impressed me so much that i consider this movie as a standard of film-making. I'm not sure whether this one going to be that good but still i gotta try.

 

Tony Kaye's new work has brought Adrien Brody in the limelight again, Detachment (2012). Only seen the trailer, hoping to see a great movie with societal insight like American History X (1998) and also a mind-blowing piece of acting from Brody. The Pianist (2002), The Jacket (2005) and The Darjeeling Limited (2007), these three are my all time favorite and so is Adrien Brody. Lately he hasn't done anything significant like those mentioned, maybe this is his return.


More Coming Soon....


 

No comments:

Post a Comment